Anybody used Jacksons Fine Fencing?

I've seen their ad. in the yellow pages and on the internet. The fence panels and posts have been treated with a Jakcure preservative and they give a 25 year guarantee?

've got branches in Kent, Bath and Chester none of which is close enough for me to visit.. Just wondered if anybody had used them and if they are as good as they claim.

Reply to
DIY Novice

Which bit of "f*ck off spammer" do you find difficult to understand? I've added Jacksons to the list of companies that I will never use in consequence of this spam. Be sure to tell your boss.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Not used them, but they do offer a free (colour, very weighty) brochure and price list available to order via their website. This is definitely worth getting to have a look through if you're contemplating fencing.

I got this just to have a look at the options available,but I decided it was too much of a major project for me to do myself (so if anyone can recommend a fencing company in the Harrow area, I'd appreciate it).

Regards Paul

Reply to
Paul Boakes

Used them (twice) for field gates. Very good.

Reply to
Nige

A bit harsh, given that "DIY Novice" has made a number of posts not about fencing at all (and one asking for preferred construction methods for his fence posts). It wouldn't appear that he/she has any connection with the company in question.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I looked, but was put off by the prices and the fact that our field gate is 13' wide so non-standard... So asked about locally got a recomendation for a place in Hexham. Wandered up with plans for 3 gates (3' x 4' side gate, 6' x 4' paddock gate both with round topped slats and a 13' x 4' field gate). All are well made from decent quality softwood, planed all round and treated. Only the field gate has dropped slighty (

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:02:30 +0100, DIY Novice wrote (in article ):

I have used Jacksons post and rail materials and several gates and have been very pleased with them. The first post and rail job was installed by them but during the first high winds a lot of it started to lean over.

It seemed the fence erectors had decided, unbeknown to me, to lop up to six inches off the top of a lot of the posts to avoid having to ram them in the two feet I required. Anyway, I phoned Jacksons and told them what had happened and they sent a man round to have a look. When he arrived I was expecting a bit of an argument about it but he walked up to the fence, tugged at a couple of the posts and immediately agreed that it was unsatisfactory and made arrangements to have new posts installed. I have no complaints about that kind of service. It turned out that they had already fired the two guys who did the work!

This particular fencing is now around 18 years old and still as sound as it was the (second) time it was installed.

Reply to
Adrian Chapman

At a guess Jacksons are likely to be the only company around in 25 years to be able pay out on the guarantee, their stuff seems to me to be pretty good. In saying this its hard not to try and get the job done for a lot less money.

I think the lack of horror stories, probably says a great deal about the quality and customer service Jacksons offer.

I will probably be going with a DIY approach to my fences (using help from the good people here - already had a lot of sound advice on plumbing my utility room) and if that is not possible with a local company with a reasonable reputation.

Reply to
big al - Peoples Pal