Any salvage value to old lead pipe?

I know an organisation which took theirs to France (they were going anyway) as the nearest place they would recycle them.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Bird

Not at that time as a separate collection.

These days we don't have a local tip, so the ordinary "dust cart" takes everything from ordinary domestic waste to defunct televisions, furniture (sofas etc) and even fridges/freezers. Humped into the back and crushed, no attempt to recover/contain the refridgerant...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Well to be honest after reading through all this information to tell you the truth I’d love to hear what led piping is actually worth as everyone seems to say how bad it is to reuse I just know it’s heavy and worth more than what you’re going to tell me. Can you say what it’s worth per pound?

Reply to
Brett

Rather than responding to an 18 year old post, why don’t you simply phone your local scrap metal dealer?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Currently between £1 - £1.20 per kg

Reply to
John Rumm

The tread to which you are commenting on is 18 years old and the prices given are for that era! Lead is around £1 per kilo (40p per pound). No-one in their right mind would re-use lead pipe for water - use copper or plastic.

Reply to
alan_m

No they would melt it down as lead for other things, in the process getting rid of the linescale and gunge.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Blimey, it's hardly worth stealing it off the church roof for that sort of price.

Reply to
Custos Custodum