Any Indesit dishwasher owners??

Hoping there may be someone out there who has an indesit dishwasher, in particular a D63. Mine has just flooded my kitchen! Its not even 6 months old and I have had most of it replaced. I now know tha the machine is riddled with problems, as last time the engineer came he kindly left he call sheet for the past 2 months. No more than 24 calls for my model of dishwasher, all under 12 monsth old!

I am about to write to currys to demand i get a full refund as the goods are not up to spec, has anyone had similar problems that can add weight to my case?

Thanks

Reply to
Thee_Psycho

Check out uk.legal - goods are classed as faulty from new for 6 months unless a vendor can prove otherwise IIRC

Reply to
Colin Wilson

OK, here we go, in as few words as possible, with as little anger as possible (Grrr)

We had a DG6145 slimline model, maybe from Currys but maybe Comet, not sure, can find out if important

First one replaced within about 8 months, the metal door seal holder came away completely and would need welding so they replaced the whole thing.

then another 8 months later the pressure pump motor jammed and so no water was going thru so we had a few melted items!! but out of warraty so, tough luck :(

then, once we had freed up the motor, the fill level pressure sensor broke so it flooded everywhere (like yours) and then the polystyrene flood switch stuck to the base tray which was corroded because of the flooding.

So, basically 2 dishwashers in less than 2 years !!

I will being going to a company like Miele who, i think, give a 5 year warranty. Over double the price though!!

Also, if you have a look inside the dishwashers in an electrical store show room, see how many of them are exactly the same inside as others. Miele are the only ones that don't appear to have a doppleganger.

Reply to
MiniEmma

Eeek, sounds worse than mine! I guess i am most angry about it the reason i had to call them the first time is becasue the disjwasher wouldn;t start, apperently be cause the sensor to stop the machine overfilling and flooding had been triggered. Does it trigger when it shoud have, no!!!! If i hadn;t been stood in the kitchen I dread to think what a state my kitchen would be in, I tend to turn it on before goign to work. 10 hours of non stop water!!!

Reply to
Thee_Psycho

The sensor is actually just a piece of polystyrene that floats up and stops the overflow, so it can very easily get stuck to the sides in either position. dreadful really

Unfortunately our story doesn't stop there, our hot water heat exchange went at the same time, in the same week! so not only do we have to hand wash dishes (very hard after owning a dishwasher) but we either have to remember to put the immersion on half an hour before or boil the kettle a few times.

A little good has come out of the whole situation though, because the water system is integrated with the warm air heating and the whole thing is a bit dodgy, so we are going to get the whole system sorted and get radiators! and we are going to cut the kitchen up a little to make room for a full size dishwasher, because full size is cheaper than slimline believe it or not!

Reply to
MiniEmma

Well if it makes you feel any better I have just managed to flood my kitchen again! Not as bad! by tryign to fix the radiator! it never rains but it pours!!

Reply to
Thee_Psycho

I know, i just read you other thread and was about to reply in this thread when i found your message, oh well, it's all a learning curve eh!!??

Reply to
MiniEmma