Almost time for the first cut - dealing with stones etc

Having just popped up the road to post a letter, it's a glorious spring day (breeze is a tad cool) with sunshine galore. I took a punt, and walked on the lawn, and it's firmed up nicely. Another couple of days like this, and we'll be ready for the first cut of the year.

Having had roofers working around, despite their best efforts to tidy up, there's a few little chips of tile lurking in the grass. I've picked up the more obvious. Also our front lawn gets the occasional stone kicked up by passing cars (remember those potholes I have complained about ?).

Anyway, my cunning plan is to do the first cut with an old blade (it's a rotary lawnmower) and then change the blade for a new one, and redo after being able to closer inspect the lawns with the grass gone.

Any reason why this isn't a good idea ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

As long as you don't have a plastic mower and have decent bit of flying slate proof boots to wear. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Watch out for any low level glass (Stones thrown up).

Reply to
harryagain

Thanks for both replies - neither had occurred to me, so I'm very grateful.

Reply to
Jethro_uk