Air brick made of absorbent material?

Unbelievable that I didn't remember that,;-( my family have been builders for 8 generations and had offices/works in Lambeth high st c1800 next door to Doulton. In fact anyone living in S/SE London that still have their original cast iron man hole covers, theirs a reasonable chance our family name is on it, as this was the custom up till the 30s for house builders.

Reply to
Mark

or 'A Present from Pateley Bridge'

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I give up. I was hoping smoeone would explain stuff to the op.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Almost all of them?

Especially in winter, where the low temperatures lead to low absolute humidity. Even if there is 100% relative humidity outside it hardly matters, as the air will be heated, leading to low relative humidity after it enters the building and is raised to 21C.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"stuart noble" >about airbricks or drying walls, and wants to know the very basics.

99.9 percent of the time, the vapour pressure on the inside is positive to that outside. It's all those women cookng and scrubbing and stuff, not to mention breathing and having baths etc etc...Sorry, Norman's right :))

Regards

xav

Reply to
xavier

Don't men breathe and have baths?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's the scrubbers breathing heavy in my house that causes all the condensation. ;-)

Jake

Reply to
Jake

Hi,

It may be best to get a humidity meter and cheap dehumidifer, to keep a lid on the the damp while researching the best way to treat or prevent it if possible.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

That's exactly what I've done. Thanks Pete.

Jake

Reply to
Jake

no such thing. It makes no difference whether an airbrick is absorbent or not.

Reply to
N. Thornton