Advice any combi or Vaillant Combi 828plus in loft?

I am about to get my old potterton boiler replaced for a new comb

boiler.

The old boiler is in the kitchen and I was thinking of placing the ne combi in the loft.

I quite like the performace of the vaillant 828plus because we had thi in an old house and it performed with no problems.

Any problems with this boiler situated in the loft for draining etc?

Anybody got any other combi boilers in a loft with no problems

-- elad

Reply to
elad

We fit them in lofts quite a lot. A good make like Vaillant shouldn' be too much risk in that. It does become a problem with cheap boiler that inexplicably go into lockout, customer gets very tired of pullin out the loft ladder to press the reset 3 times a weak.

I would also recommend that you have a pressure guage and filling loo fitted somewhere in the main house like a kitchen cupboard, old airin cupboard, somewhere like that, so you can keep an eye on pressure an top up without going up into the loft.

Pau

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker

Not a combi, but a condensing system boiler and a heat bank. No problems whatsoever.

However, my loft was already eminently suitable for several reasons.

  1. Already boarded (compulsory)
  2. Already had light (compulsory?)
  3. Already had loft ladder (compulsory)
  4. Insulation in rafters so warm loft (v. useful)

You are not allowed to just stick it in a dark unboarded loft, as it is considered too dangerous to service.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yes a light is compulsory for a gas boiler. Don't know what the oi people require I don't do oil it's too messy, you need a duplicate se of tools, and there's too much work about anyway

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker