ADSL efficiency

I just downloaded an update - new thunderbird.
peaked at 654 kBytes a second, or 5200 odd kbps..better than 95% of my 5500 BRAS.
Thank you IP protocol, and IDNET for at least giving me an uncongested link..
since we were discussing this....
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead

FWIW on a much worse rural line with enormous numbers of uplink errors I get a download speed of 96% of BRAS with sync 3360kbps and BRAS 2.5M.
So I think 95% of BRAS is probably a typical upper limit for ADSL.
Last week my BRAS was up to 3M and I was getting around 2.8M downloads.
Modem has been synced continuously now for 7 days (a record) and the error rates per day are
Upload         FEC 8k     CRC 100        HEC 503        Error sec 40 Download    FEC 20    CRC 11        HEC 5        Error sec 0
I feel a bit aggrieved that the downlink speed is being throttled back because the uplink is so flakey but don't have time to chase them.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
On 09/04/13 08:26, Martin Brown wrote: