Additional handset for BPT door entry system

Hi,

Does anyone here know if it is possible to add a second handset to an existing BPT door entry system?. My friend has a duplex flat and it is a pain having to keep going downstairs.

Looking at the BPT web site, it looks like he has a C/200 but I have no idea if it is analogue or digital. The flat is 7 years old and there are only 5 flats in the block

If so, any tips for doing it? I'm hoping it is a simple case of wiring another one in parallel with the original one.

I've looked on the BPT site - there are wiring diagrams there but no way of identifying which one corresponds to which model.

Thanks,

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

"Alan" wrote | Does anyone here know if it is possible to add a second | handset to an existing BPT door entry system?.

(Almost always) Yes.

| My friend has a duplex flat and it is a pain having to | keep going downstairs. | Looking at the BPT web site, it looks like he has a C/200 | but I have no idea if it is analogue or digital. The flat | is 7 years old and there are only 5 flats in the block

Almost certainly analogue.

| If so, any tips for doing it? I'm hoping it is a simple | case of wiring another one in parallel with the original one.

Take old handset off wall - usually lifts off on keyhole screws. Check model no on underside or open and look at wiring.

| I've looked on the BPT site - there are wiring diagrams there | but no way of identifying which one corresponds to which model.

are quite helpful.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On 22 Feb 2005 09:35:39 -0800, "Alan" strung together this:

Pass, try ringing BPT.

Off the top of my head, ('cos my manuals are all in the car!), it should be as everything on each handset is idle until it's picked up. If it doesn't work then a couple of relays can be used to isolate one when the other is picked up, powered from the switch under the earpiece on the base.

I think the C200 handset is pretty straightforward, DC for the comms and an AC switched for the buzzer and a NO AC loop for the lock release.

Reply to
Lurch

Usually, yes.

Probably analogue.

Terminal 5 will be the common negative Terminal 7 is the call signal Terminal 8 is Audio signal to handset Terminal 9 is Audio signal to Door panel

The key terminals are, natrurally a push to make pair,

Try

Sugar Free

Superb guys,

Sounds like a skoosh. I'll let you know how I get on.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan