accelerated rusting?

Probably the least of her problems. Residential street in North London. Planning consent granted and neighbours happy about design.

She then discovered permitted development rights, particularly the 50% rule and changed the plan!

Planning now concerned about height following complaints from surrounding houses. Builder had assured her that height above soil level is the critical factor and lowered the soil by 800mm. Because the building is occupying nearly the full garden width, it is difficult to return soil for the measurement.

This is all before wafting wood smoke filters into bedroom windows.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

And no doubt in a smokeless zone? Not sure how woodburners fit with smokeless zones, I have a sneaky feeling that some may be OK if they have the "clean burn" systems.

Afraid that is a whoosh.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No, you're correct, and it's news to me.

Stainless _likes_ oxygen, and keel bolts in stagnant water can corrode. Especially if used to fasten cast iron or lead keels.

"Check galvanized bolts after 15 years, stainless after 30 years, and either of them sooner if you see any warning signs."

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ