A use for all those beer cans...

A fan would be needed to get enough heat in - then the plastic flaps might go all floppy if his 100F claim is true.

Reply to
PeterC

phew! - at least they're not as I feared: proof of pudding!

Reply to
PeterC

Nor am I - but no-one has put a more convincing explanation forward.

Reply to
polygonum

panels like this are usually run passively. The light film flap then opens when they get hot, letting the heat in.

plastic film's always floppy

A more efficient design is to use 3 layers of black plastic shading mesh. They're placed in such a way that front panel losses are kept very low. Ali cans are probably better suited to multiple glazing though, which can generate very high temps in summer.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Surprisingly effective. Now all I need is some sunshine...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ