A question on conversion of void/basement rooms

Hi

I am considering buying a fairly new split level property built on a sloping site, i.e. the garage is upstairs.

To the rear of the lower floor are two void rooms (basements) with access from the outside of the building. The walls retaining the banked earth (the outside road above) are dry not showing any form of damp.

The estate agent suggests an access could be knocked through from the habitable part of the building, the walls dry lined, windows and electrics put in etc.

Is this feasible, would it be against any building regs etc, I just wonder why the original builder did not do this and sell the property with an additional two reception rooms.

TIA

Paul

Reply to
Curiosity

That's a job for a structural engineer and an architect me thinks. We can't see the site to give any judgement on your questions.

Reply to
BigWallop