pilot hole starter

I have been looking for a Tool originally manufactured by Stanley. It is a screw-driver type devise that is threaded on the end (about 1/2" of threads). I've bought about 5 items that seem like what I'm looking for (pilot hole starter; screw starter; hole starter ad nauseum). Apparently Stanley stopped making this thing years ago. The new version is the same no matter who sells/manufactures it. The head is kind of conical and it is no where near as functional as the aforementioned tool. Does anyone know where I can get the original one.

I will try to develop a sketch if anyone wants me to.

thanks in advance

Reply to
rich camlin