Phalaenopsis in glass cylinder.

Hi all,

I have today bought two Phalaenopsis from a garden centre on 'end o season' offer, both plants were in tall, clear glass cylinder typ pots. I have since cleaned both plants up, refreshing the orchi compost adding a little chopped live sphagnum moss. I have always bee under the impression that orchid leaves should always be allowed t grow free and not touch glass etc. for fear of condensation damage Therefore, do I return my new orchids to their cylinders or not? Advic please!

TIA, Plantagane

Reply to
Plantaganet

i'm having trouble visualizing this--can you post a pic somewhere?

--j_a

Reply to
unknown

I have just taken a pic and will post it on Photobucket tomorrow. agree that placing the orchids in glass cylinders could just be a sale gimmick, done mainly to protect the flowers which had long since drie up. Any ideas what I could do with the cylinders? Perhaps grow film ferns in them.

Plantaganet