Your home AC prep for somer

But anyone with a brain isn't interested in the heat that's wasted. We're interested in how much cooling we get compared to how much electricity is used. With the old system Stormin was talking about, we might get 40,000BTUs/hr using $1 of electricity. Replace it with a newer, higher efficiency system, and we get 40,000BTU/hr using only $.70 The new system is more efficient at producing cooling. Capiche?

(As it is in an absorption system too)

Coefficient of Performance is one measure of efficiency. In fact the word "coefficient" is derived from the root "efficient. Have you Googled SEER, as requested? What is the third word? EFFICIENCY

Reply to
trader4

And you, sir, are thick-skilled and arguementative.

when one is attempting to do anything other than heat, conversion of electricity to heat lowers the efficiency of the "machine" or "system"

- and when running an external compressor as a heat pump, any heat produced by the compressor and motor which is located outside the insulated envelope you are attemptintg to heat is a TOTAL LOSS, and therefore reduces the efficiency of the system. If you believe otherwise, YOU are the "non-american" idiot. Sorry, but I have to call a spade a spade.

Reply to
clare

I know your English is poor but read the link I posted and try to understand.

If you put a gallon of petrol in your car you might get out 7% of useful energy. Efficiency =3D7%

If you put a gallon of oil in your heating system, you might get 75% of available energy as heat out of it. Efficiency =3D75%

If you put in one KWh of electricity into a heat pump, you might get out four KWh. So all the heat is not coming from the electricity, clearly you can't get out more than you put in.

So this is not a matter of efficiency. Is this hard to understand?

Reply to
harry

A heat pump can move more BTU than the same energy used in filament heaters. With a high efficiency compressor, even more heat moved.

BTW, what is "somer"?

.

No one ever said you did.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So the fact it does means it's nothing to do with efficiency. Just physics. No energy is being converted. It's just being shifted around.

Reply to
harry

Bloomin' idiot. By your "logic" everything is 100% efficient, making the word completely meaningless.

Reply to
krw

I'm wrong about you You're wrong about me we're as stupid as can be with a great big mistake from me to you won't you say you'll screw up.... to......

EVERYBODY SING! YOU KNOW THE MUSIC!

.

Bloomin' idiot. By your "logic" everything is 100% efficient, making the word completely meaningless.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

..

Are you a hillbilly? Your knowledge of elementary physics seem to point to it.

Reply to
harry

Sorry, dimwit, you wouldn't know physics if it bit your sorry limey ass. Obviously.

Reply to
krw