would cocoon on umbrella infest house

Left an umbrella out to dry, found what looks like cocoon on it, would that risk infesting my house if I bring it in. If i left it in a bag with mothballs, first?

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at
*+-Left an umbrella out to dry, found what looks like cocoon *+-on it, would that risk infesting my house if I bring it in. *+-If i left it in a bag with mothballs, first?

Reason am overreacting is neighbor had meal moths from food infest his house a few years ago, and had to throw a lot of stuff out.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

Assuming the cocoon is empty there is no risk or need for mothballs.

Reply to
philo

Assuming it's not empty, why not just scrape it off while the umbrella is outside. If you do it right, the cocoon won't get hurt and the moth inside will fly away when he's ready, like the original plan was. It takes days for a cocoon to finish its work, and the cocoon is not going to open before your very eyes unless you are quite lucky. Even then, you'll have time to take the umbrella outside, and in an hour or two or less, the moth will be out and away.

Reply to
Micky

Seriously? Who in the hell gives a damn if the cocoon is hurt?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Wilford Brimley

Reply to
DerbyDad03

YES YES and YES.

You'd have flying racoons with umbrellas landing all over the house.

This would occur on October 31, just before midnight. Most of them would be in costume, such as Dracula, ghosts, werewolves, skeletons, spiders Ronald McDonald, squash and pumpkins!

Are you scared yet?

You SHOULD BE!!!! This is only a couple days from now...........

Reply to
Halloween.Fright