Wiring sequence?

I originally had power coming from the ceiling right down to a duplex receptacle. I cut out a hole in between living room and dining room to open it up a little. I am putting lights at the top of the frame of this hole run by a new dimmer switch.

Question?

What would be the layout for; Lights, dimmer switch, and original duplex receptacle? My main concern is that I am using a dimmer switch.

Thanks

Reply to
bones