Wiring Outdoor Timer

Intermatic T103. The most confusing wiring diagram I have ever seen. There are 5 connection points (plus ground). They mark them "LOAD" #2 and #4 , and "LINE" #1 and #3 and a connector marked "A". The "A" and "LINE" #1 go to the clock motor.

My first inclination is to connect the line from the circuit with neutral (WHITE) to #1 and hot (BLACK) to #3 (ground to ground of course). Then to the unit I am powering, neutral (WHITE) to #2 and hot (BLACK) to #4.

Does that make sense? Has anyone else wired one of these things up before? Thanks!

Reply to
timnels

The T103 is a double pole time clock, used for switching two circuits or one

240 volt circuit. If you want to use it for just one circuit, you don't use both switches. If your feed to the clock is 120 volt, connect it to A and #1. If the feed to the clock motor and the feed to whatever the clock is controlling are the same: connect the Load neutral to A along with the clock motor, and the load wire to #2

Reply to
RBM

Thanks. Still a bit clueless. My feed is 120 volts. It is powering a exhaust fan to my radon unit. So I have 4 wires (on that ground) hot and neutral ... in and out. I don't understand from your description what to connect to what. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
timnels

Connect the neutral wires (white) from both the feed and the fan to terminal A Connect the feed (black) to terminal 1 Connect the load (black wire to fan) to terminal 2 Connect both ground wires together and to ground terminal Don't use terminals 3 and 4

Reply to
RBM

Perfect. Even a chimp like me can figure this out now. Thanks again.

Reply to
thecartwheel