Wire size for 250' to garage?????

It's not relevant to the question raised by the OP.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Ok, just admit you *can't* or don't *want* to answer the question.

Third times a charm...

So, for clarification, Ex #2 as posted earlier...

#2 HV lines to transformer, trans to meter on pedestal, meter to distribution panel on ped, d-panel to house - d-panel to garage.

Can you run UF from the d-panel to a house/garage?

Reply to
<kjpro

It&#39;s not relevant. Go away.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yes you can but to get enough current and a low enough voltage drop for reasonably efficient operation you will be running individual UF single conductor cables. In the sizes you will need to supply the house and the garage that is the only way type UF is available. If there are any livestock on the premise then I suggest that you run separate neutral and ground conductors in spite of the additional cost.

-- Tom Horne

Reply to
Thomas Horne

Ok, so you *can&#39;t* or don&#39;t *want* to answer the question.

That&#39;s just what I thought... all mouth and no answers.

Reply to
<kjpro

Don&#39;t want to answer *you*. You asked the question only to be argumentative. Go away.

Reply to
Doug Miller

No, I asked the question to get your input. So please answer the question.

For clarification, Ex #2 as posted earlier...

#2 HV lines to transformer, trans to meter on pedestal, meter to distribution panel on ped, d-panel to house - d-panel to garage.

Can you run UF from the d-panel to a house/garage?

Reply to
<kjpro

If there&#39;s a disconnect in the distribution panel, then that&#39;s the service entrance, and the lines from there to anywhere else are feeders.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Does the disconnect have to provide overcurrent protection as well?

Reply to
<kjpro

Gee, now who could that be.

Reply to
edbedb

You?

Reply to
<kjpro

Where&#39;d Doug go?

Reply to
<kjpro

replying to Bob, Jack Smith wrote: I am trying to find out the wire sizes needed for a 250' underground feeder from the main panel, to a sub panel in the garage. I would like a 240, 60 amp service 2-phase service. What type wire would be the least expensive?

Reply to
Jack Smith

  Aluminum is cheaper than copper , and there are calculators online to figure out the wire size . Search wire sizing calculator , the results I got for your case are there - I know the numbers but you'll have to find them for yourself . For my shop at 100A/60 feet I need #1 copper or 1/0 aluminum . This information was VERY easy to find , are you stupid or just lazy ?
Reply to
Terry Coombs