Why are casement window much more expensive than sliders?

The windows that I'm having replaced are bedroom windows, about 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall. The price that I'm being quoted for vinyl 2-pane casement windows is about 40% more than if I were to go with slider windows. (window cost + installation cost).

What parts in the casement window justify the extra 40% cost? Are they really that much better? Or is it simply because casement windows are currently more popular than slider windows, so they can increase the cost knowing that people will still buy them?

The brand is North Star Windows.

Reply to
jonny_rizzo

No matter who makes them, they have more time engineering them, and they do have balance rod/spring assemblies. Thus a higher price. Because of the spring tension they are engineered a bit heavier also, making them a bit more expensive also.

This and I am sure other things will come up also.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?

Reply to