What to look for in a kitchen faucet?

Bob, & any other of the pros. Do you think that Groe is worth the extra bucks?

Reply to
3rd eye

To me, the main consideration is the availability of parts. If you go to a Home Depot or Lowe's, what "brand" parts do they have in their plumbing repair display. The chances are best that it's Delta and maybe some Price Pfister. I've become a real fan of Delta as the best compromise between price and quality. We had homes with different brands of kitchen and bath hardware, including PF, Grohe and Delta. Nothing has matched the day in and day out reliability of Delta. I recently, finally, had a couple bath faucets drip, so I rebuilt all faucets in the house. They were all Delta and all parts were obtained with ONE trip to Lowe's, There was no need to look up a plumbing supply house and try to buy parts over the counter. There was no need to go from one store to another looking for parts for less popular brands. One stop got all the parts and everything was rebuilt in under a couple hours.

Nonnymus

Reply to
Nonnymus

I have used Grohe on a number of projects and it is fairly reliable once you get it in (faucets stop up with debris too easily) but my biggest complaint is they seem to be missing parts new out of the box more than any other manufacturer that I have seen. That kills a contractor who needs to get the work done. Most of my projects are commercial so I tend to use more Chicago/Sloan/Symmons but I (my company) has installed thousands upon thousands of Moen and their design and quality and dependability have made them one of the premier competitive priced ftgs. on the planet. I have Moen 4570CP lavatory faucets and a Delta 174 kitchen sink ftg. in my own home. That's what I think of them.

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

Steve,

Have you considered the problem may be with you and not the countless faucets?

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Another gold star for Mike for consistently high level of amusing smart-assery.

MM

Reply to
Mark M.

Maybe but I was thinking the same thing, faulty installations.

Reply to
rob

"Mark M." wrote in news:lJDfg.8985$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com:

I don't think he was trying to be funny.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

rob wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah!

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

On 05/31/2006 04:51 AM, * Stubby spake thusly:

We've had a different experience.

Every faucet in our home a Delta faucet. They were all installed new in

1987. No problems whatsoever.

--=20 Scott

=C2=A92006 angrykeyboarder=E2=84=A2 & Elmer Fudd. All Wights Wesewved

Reply to
Scott