what's the unit of gas detector reading?

Today, a technician from our local gas company (KeySpan, in New England) came to our house to do some checking. He used a digital natural gas detector to take some reading around the gas meter outside the house. The reading varies from 0 to 0.20 (in 0.05 increments). He didn't say there is any problem. Now I am curious what the unit is (which I forgot to ask).

Doesn't anybody know what the unit is? Is it ppm? Can gas detector detect 0.05ppm? Or the unit is something else?

Reply to
mchmchmch09

It checks for monkeys in a barrel. Did he find any? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

ppm

Reply to
ftwhd

Yes, it should be parts per million.

Reply to
EXT

posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Did he fart? That will throw the reading off.

Reply to
Tekkie®