What is the BEST DTV converter?

larry wrote in news:s9Gil.12515$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi146.ffdc.sbc.com:

being able to switch display formats without delving into menus would be nice;some stations broadcast 16:9,some 4:3,some change depending on program.Having a button for that on the remote would be handy. My Magnavox 100TBMW9 doesn't have it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

On 2/5/2009 12:21 PM snipped-for-privacy@aol.com spake thus:

Yes. Maybe not 50 cents, but I predict DTV converter boxes showing up at yard sales in the next year. And put out free by the curb the year after.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Outlook Express does not, contrary to your assertion, mangle long URLs.

I use OE. Have you ever seen one of my links "mangled?" Here's one, does it look (or act) botched in any way?

HeyBub

Not only does it _not_ look munged, it works just fine. I just tried it and I am using OE.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

get dish satellite tv, you can take a receiver with you.

wierdly I tried buying a converter at sears, the sales clerk refused my purchase, claiming they couldnt accept my visa card for the balance. had to ber cash or check

this after buying a different model at best buy and paying with the same card.

i happened to want a different model that sears sold

Reply to
hallerb