What brand drill was used for this?

it was a moot question.

Reply to
willshak

It pays to keep the battery charged at all times. I have to wonder what size bit he used.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I wonder what type of bit. I'd like an original pattern Forstner. A spade bit seems a little bit sketchy. ;)

RicodJour

willshak wrote in news:NbadndXk2pCREInXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Dewalt XRP

Reply to
Red Green

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:cX2Rl.29655$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com:

Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!

Red Green

Probably sterilized the drill bit with alcohol or iodine. Maybe if paramedics had a simple drill handly, they could've saved Natasha Richardson and others with rapid brain swelling. Just like having emergency defibrillators ready-to-go in public places. Seems like a basic, useful emergency procedure for those adequately trained to recognize obvious signs of brain swelling when there's not enough time to get to the hospital.

Reply to
scrillig tail

'Course not. Australia uses metric. Had they used a 1/8" bit, the boy would grow up wearing dresses or experience some other evil result. They also had to drill on the wrong side of the head.
Reply to
HeyBub

And they needed a left-handed drill bit.

RicodJour

Put the picture some place that DOESN'T require client-side scripts to be enabled.

This is a security risk.

Reply to
Gary H

Looks like stock photo to me. Doubtful it's the actual one or even the same make/model/bit as the unit actually used.

Unless you have some corroborating information.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I don't- but note that it appears to be the same drill & bit shown on one of the morning news shows- but from a different angle.

you could tell it was a Dewalt on the show I saw.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Just screen captures from the web news vid. For some chit-chat posting, I don't think I need "corroborating information". It's the Internet. Cooroborate Internet stuff with other Internet stuff? I mean how do I know you really posted what I'm replying to? How do you know I'm really posting this?

Reply to
Red Green

Gary H wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Booting up a PC right out of the box is a security risk. Take a chance. Live a little.

Reply to
Red Green

You're unable to take any reasonable security measures? You can't use a router. You can't install security updates before connecting it to the internet. You must use Windows with those poor (insecure) defaults for some settings. You must open all executable email attachments. You have to allow all websites to do anything they want on your computer...

I've "lived a little" long ago. Now I want to live a lot.

Reply to
Gary H

Gary H wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Am I supposed to get into some discussion about other OS's vs Windows or something? Don't thay have NG's where people like to do that kind of stuff because I really don't give a rat's ass. Crimus, an expired HF catalog is more exciting.

Reply to
Red Green