Well water gasses, spits at faucet, toilet etc

I live in FL and about 25% of the time when I use the water to my house mostly air spits out of the faucet (all faucets in house). It is the same for the toilet. The pressure tank was replaced a few years ago (lightning dropped a piece of tree on it). It seems to clear up after about 10 mins of use and it happens with both hot and cold water. Everything else seems normal except for this. Any ideas? Thanks Greyhound

Reply to
Grey-hound

Grey,

Do your neighbors have this problem or just you? What do your neighbors do about this? Is this a recent problem or a long standing one?

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Just me. My neighbors don't have this problem. Started within the past couple of months. Happened all of a sudden. I live East of Tampa FL and there is no drought or flood problems. Greyhound

Reply to
Grey-hound

"Sounds like" (if you have an air over water system) that the "air level control" isn't working right.

If you don't then you pump is "sucking air" sometimes. That could be caused from anything from a low water level in your well or a leak in the pipe which under conditions of high flow and low water pressure can cause a small leak to permit a significant amount of air to be sucked in yet when under pressure might not look like a serious leak.

Unless you find something simple to replace (like a air level control) then I suggest you call you "Well Guy" and pay for his knowledge and experience.

Reply to
John Gilmer

I read when the tsunami hit Indonesia it caused drastic changes in the water table over here. Doubt that's your problem though.

Reply to
joe

Air level control meaning like a leaking air bladder tank? Greyhound

Reply to
Grey-hound

IF you have a air bladder tank then you don't have an air level control.

A leaking bladder usually results in a "water logged" tank as the air in the tank dissolves in the water.

Too much air in the tank has to be caused by air coming into the water that a properly working system would not permit or the system that vents excess air (air volumn control) not working properly.

Reply to
John Gilmer

It could be methane or H2S. But it won't be H2S since you don't mention an odor. You can test for methane by half filling a 2 liter plastic soda and capping it. Then shake it hard and with a lighter or match held by the cap, uncap the bottle as you squeeze it to make the air in the bottle flow above/thru the flame. If there is ignition, its methane. You can remove it with aeratin equipment.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Bulletin Board

Gary Slusser

You may have a very small air leak in you delivery pipe. I had the same symptoms one cause by such a leak.

Reply to
Vic Dura