Weed Killer

Roundup breaks down in a very short time. There is *nothing* dangerous about it "soaking into the pavers". Don't get that vinegar and salt in a cut on your feet! :-/

===========================

Glyphosate needs certain soil particles to bind with, then the soil's microbes break it down. Lacking that, it can remain active for some time.

Reply to
Nelly

That is a huge endeavor to solve a fairly simple problem. Landscape cloth would have helped, as some contain a long-term weed preventer. Hosing off the pavers might also help to keep soil and seeds from establishing.

Reply to
norminn

The pavers are going to contain the same microbes. Some time =3D days, tops.

Reply to
keith

The pavers are going to contain the same microbes. Some time = days, tops.

============================ Pavers can't sustain a soil microbe population, any that might be present would just be whatever few are tracked on your feet. All the while, the Roundup's being tracked indoors & elsewhere. Some people have found glyphosate on things after 90 days of being sprayed.

Nelly

d.

=3D=3D I dislike Monsanto but its RoundUp when it came out was a godsend for agriculture. Properly diluted for spraying the solution will break down readily and any traces of it found "tracked in" will be practically benign. I have used it for grass control for twenty years. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

Don't work. Unless you mortar the bricks or use the special (almost mortar) crack filler sand. The weeds grow in what is between the bricks - not in what is under them.

Reply to
clare

I dislike Monsanto but its RoundUp when it came out was a godsend for agriculture. Properly diluted for spraying the solution will break down readily and any traces of it found "tracked in" will be practically benign. I have used it for grass control for twenty years. ==

The glyphosate might break down depending where it ends up, and I'm not sure I like what it breaks down into. The inert ingredients aren't so biodegradable, and negative synergistic effects have been found between the glyphosate and the surfactant in it even at normal dilution rates.

Ah well, Monsanto's deceit and its product have long since been thrashed to death in rec.gardens, so I won't argue it further. If someone uses the stuff in their line of work I can understand how they might've come to rely on it. But while still not a lasting solution, in a case like the OP's a blowtorch might be better.

Reply to
Nelly