Waterproof basement walls first or floor???

I have some minor cracks in my basement foundation that need fixin' Afterward, I'm giving the concrete 28 days to dry.

However, while the concrete dries, I'm also going to seal the joint between the basement wall and foundation. Any recommendations on what product I should use. I know Drylock and Quikrete have products.

Then when I'm done with these two steps, do I do Drylock the walls first or apply an epoxy finish to the basement foundation first. Suggestions appreciated.

TIA, Steven

Reply to
BlinnPR

If you have ANY water coming in add a interior french drain and sump pump or gravity drain to daylight.

Drylock paint will BUBBLE if water is in wall.

Then do the walls first, then epoxy the floor, although honestly concrete isnt meant to be painted with anything!

Reply to
hallerb

Concrete cures it does not dry. OK minor point.

Are you having or do you expect moisture problems? What is the situation with your neighbors?

If you don't have a moisture problem, don't try and fix it. If you do have a moisture problem, you are doing it backasswards. To fix or prevent a moisture problem you work from the outside in.

  1. Make sure the ground level slopes away from your home at least 10 feet (20 is far better) in ALL directions. 2. Provide a drain solution to any water that does accumulate at the wall 3. Waterproof the OUTSIDE of the basement wall. 4. Use a standard sump pump installation. 5. If that does not do it, nothing you paint or caulk on the inside is going to do any good.
Reply to
Joseph Meehan