Wasp spray that works

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:h8p3fl $vn5$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I was lurking in this group for a bit before jumping into the lug nut thread, and I ended up reading through a few threads with your posts in them.

I'm just curious here, but I have to ask: Why do you top-post, but have a compliant signature (placed /above/ the quote) that instructs proper news clients to strip off it and everything below it?

If you wish to top-post, why not remove the space character from your sig's double-hyphen so that the quote below won't be stripped off by mistake?

Reply to
Tegger

Most anything containing bifenthrin, sold under various names- Bifen, Bifenthrin, Talstar. You're supposed to be licensed to apply this stuff. You can get it online or eBay, 3/4 gal. will probably last the average person a lifetime. It's well worth the cost, and you can treat other pests as well. I use a 1 gal pump up sprayer. I just bought my 3rd jug of it.

*Make sure you read the instructions*.
Reply to
Cajun

The double hyphen is put there by Outlook Express, and not by me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ditto...Just make sure you get the spray and NOT the foam...I tried the foam and it SUCKED....JMHO...

Reply to
benick

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:h8pha0 $59c$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I can find no such setting in OE.

I think that if you go to Tools>Options>Signatures, you'll find that the Signature text contains that double-hyphen and can be easily edited to remove the trailing space character.

Removal of the space character will not affect the appearance of your sig, but it will cause properly-programmed newsreaders to retain the quoted part when replying.

Reply to
Tegger

I'm tempted to rig some kind of a pan, and screw that to the trim wood, near the hole. Put some sevin dust in the pan.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's not a settting. The double hypehen isn't part of my sig box.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:h8qmc0 $c98$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I tried making a sig in OE and it does not give me anything other than exactly what I type. I can't imagine where your OE is getting the double-hyphen & space combo from.

Reply to
Tegger

Same as yours, maybe?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:h8rnmo $qq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I'm using XNews, not OE. The OE that's installed on my computer is never used for anything except testing.

I'll bet you've installed Quotefix.

Quotefix allows OE to produce RFC-compliant signatures with the hyphen- hyphen-space combo. It's a nice little package that fixes a lot that's wrong with OE. If I used OE, I'd use Quotefix.

I notice Quotefix enables one to easily turn off sig compliance, plus it allows one to place the sig at the top or the bottom.

Reply to
Tegger

Got a wasp bag from Home Depot, for $4.99 today. Hung that near the wasp nest opening. Let you know in a couple days if it attracts bugs. Wish they made one side of the bag clear, so I could see if any bugs went in. But no, it's all covered in advertising and warnings.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I had them in my eve and I just slung the dust against the eve and it stuck around the hole. It was about a week before I checked on them again and there was no activity .

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Might try that next, if the bug bag doesn't do its thing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I used it last week after getting stung on the hand. There were about 10 angry red wasps, wet with the Black Flag spray, still flying around their nest. No more Black Flag Wasp spray for me.

Reply to
Phisherman

I knew a firefighter that uses gasoline on wasp nests. Sounds a bit risky to me.

Reply to
Phisherman

When I was a kid I used to squirt starting ether in a paper bag and slide it over a wasp nest. Count to 100 and they would all be asleep. I would then take down the nest and use the larvae for fish bait.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Friday Sept 18, 2009 I went back and looked at the bug bag. Didn't see any bugs, having been caught. Gave the side of the building a couple good dose of the bug spray from the farm and garden. Can't say it did much about the wasps.

Maybe they are some new killer type that is resistant to everything?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Saturday Sept 19. The hole for the nest is about 1/4 inch diameter. Somehow, they either made a hole, or found a hole in the stone exterior, where it meets the aluminum under the eaves. I put up a ladder, and gave the hole about 5 second blast of carburetor cleaner. See if that does any good.

Delayed but not yet defeated.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Home Depot (and probably others) sells Spectracide Pro hornet killer. You want the Pro stuff in the black and white cans, not the non-Pro stuff in colorful cans. The stuff in the colored cans is worthless. You spray the hornets and they come after you. the Pro stuff drops then in about a half second.

Reply to
Zootal

I like the black can Home Depot stuff, myself.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB