Wandering Toilet

I'm trying to decide whether I should attempt to repair my mother's wandering toilet. This is a What's the Worst That Could Happen question, because obviously the problem SEEMS to be a missing or broken bolt. But at least the head of the bolt on the wandering side is in place.

Last winter, after finding a constantly dripping flexi-pipe to the toilet, I removed all the 4" x 4" floor tile the toilet sits on. The tile had become cracked, there was no grout, and the subflooring was moldy (it still is black, but that's another post topic).

Could the wandering come from the fact that I did not remove the few tiles the toilet sits on? If the bolts were appropriately fitted to the floor, wouldn't that keep the toilet from "wandering off?" (Maybe it's getting senile, like me!)

Reply to
tioga0630

Get a new wax ring while you are at the store. You need to replace the current one when you rest the toilet.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Sounds to me like your mother is full of shit and needs to go on a diet.

Reply to
oWoWoW