Vinyl tile replacement.

I am going to replace my vinyl tile floor in my bathroom with the 12X12 inch ceramic tile. I can't decide if I should use the gloss surface tile or the non gloss surface tile. I am afraid if I use the gloss surface that it will be slippery when wet, however the dull surface tile probably will be harder to keep clean. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
Fred

I would pick the dull kind in a mottled color pattern. YOu'd be less likely to slip and kill yourself and it hides dirt.

Don't glue it to the existing vinyl. Take up the vinyl.

Better yet, rip out whatever's there and put down cement board over plywood.

Reply to
roger61611

I replaced the vinyl in my 10x15 kitchen with ceramic tile. The pro installer just sanded the vinyl (high gloss) and thin-setted the tile right over it. 10 years ago, no problem at all. Don't create more work than you have to.

Reply to
Walter R.

I don't like to use anything larger than 4" tile on a bathroom floor because of the slipping hazard. However almost everyone puts down bath mats or rugs so slipping is not that big of a concern.

Reply to
RayV