Vinyl Flooring Best For Pets?

We have animals that spit up, etc. on our carpeting regularly; therefore, we are planning to replace the carpet throughout our house with a pet-friendly flooring. Our pets spit up, etc while we are at work so it is often several hours before the material can be wiped up. Seems like good-quality sheet vinyl with a wood-grain pattern would be our best option as ceramic tile or laminate flooring has seams. Seams would allow the pet spit-up, etc. to soak in the cracks. Any suggestions or ideas?

Reply to
dominoo1

Check out

installed OVER 6 mil plastic.

snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net wrote:

Reply to
chuckster

Ceramic tile is wonderful if the grout is sealed, which should be done anyway and is no big deal.

Vinyl flooring is practical in kitchens and certain entryways, but personally I'd hate to put it all through the house.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

I too would hate it throughout the house. BUT - If you must ANY sheet goods will do what you want. Not the tiles. Better quality will last longer, not tear or discolor.

Reply to
No

Why not the tiles?

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Oh pshaw, on Tue 11 Jul 2006 07:37:30a, Banty meant to say...

Too many seams for liquids to potentially leak through.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Yep

Reply to