Unknown symbol, for drafting?

What do you cal the drafting symbol that is a capital L with a c or an o superimposed on the vertical part of the L?

What does it mean?

Thanks.

Reply to
micky

centerline? cleanout?

Reply to
Pico Rico

Ah, centerline.

Two instances of the centerline of an easement on my plat.

I'll need this when I'm talking to my neighbor.

This time I enlarged the plat, and outlines my property, his, and my other next door neighbor in different colored lines, using MSPaint.

The only problem now is how to print the thing the way it looks on the screen. MSPaint and Win Picture and Fax Viewer have minds of their own.

I think I asked about cl here before but forgot the answer. I don't think I'll forget again. (and I couldn't think of a way to google.)

Reply to
micky

The first one, center line.

Reply to
gfretwell

It's a "C" and it means "Center Line". That is, the center line runs through the middle of the thing that's on the drawing.

Reply to
nestork

Use Irfanview to 'resize' that is change the pixels per inch, of the image.

Then go back and make FOUR quadrants of your drawing with that proper pixels per inch. Then print those four pages using MSpaint. Cut and paste together to get LARGE drawings. Or, six sections to make C size?

Reply to
RobertMacy

center line

Reply to
clare

I'd forgotten about Irfanview. It was on the previous computer but this one was supposed to be temporary. AND, I didn't know it knew how to resize. Thanks.

Thanks again.

Reply to
micky

Well, one is a c but the other sure looks like an o. But it's no doubt that both are centerline.

Thanks all.

One is for the 6' walkway easement between the two buildings of townhouses, and the other is for the 10' drainage easement for a 30" pipe about 6 feet underground.

Viewed from above, they run in almost the same direction, so they intersect each other, overlap each other a good deal, and never get far from each other. This does make it hard to tell where each one is.

The walkway easement has diagonal lines marking it. I can tell that mostly from other parts of the easement that aren't between our two houses. There are only two little line segments that arent' part of the drainage easement and aren't covered by a bunch of numbers.

The drainage easement has crosshatching, with the lines spaced about the same. Altogether, the lines that are added to make the easements noticeable barely make it any easier to tell what's going on. They helped only after I'd spent over 2 hours looking at the drawing.

So I outlined my lot in red, my other neighbor in blue, and the neighbor who thinks he owns part of my land in green. We'll see if this helps convince him.

Plus I'm giving him a license to walk on the land and mow the lawn if he wants to, permission that explicitly will not turn into an easement or [I forget the term]. I think I"ll have to file that with the county clerk so everyone is on notice.

Reply to
micky

I hadn't heard of paint.net before. It looks good. thanks.

Reply to
micky

Thanks for the reply.

It's an easement that allows the pipe to be dug up if the pipe fails. The 30" pipe is 6 feet underground, so there is no riverbed or shore.

It comes from a drain at the side of the street, at the lowest part of the street**, and goes 100 or 110 feet underground to the slope of the stream bed. The stream bed doesn't belong to either of us, and no one tends it.

One can't even tell the pipe is there unless he looks at the drawing or walks to the back of my neighbor's house, sees the outlet of the pipe and realizes the input is the very visible drain I mentioned. But my neighbor has a fence and only goes behind it rarely, and the output isn't very noticeable, especially when it's not raining, so I'm not sure he's ever seen the outlet, or figured out where the inlet is or that there's a pipe in between, so all the extra cross-hatching for the easement may just confuse things for him. It did for me at first. I'm trying to see it from his pov. When I don't, I think he's just lying and he knows the land is mine.

**Once the pipe or the trench in the stream bed was clogged, after 33 years of no maintenance, and during the rain, a small lake formed around the street drain. A neighbor called me and the water was only an inch or two from the threshhold of my car door, so I moved the car. Her car did get water inside. After that, the HOA hired a guy with a vacuum cleaner as large as a minivan and he sucked some sludge and some litter and a couple of things like "skateboards with handles" and maybe a child's bicycle out of the pipe. Things that got washed in when kids left out in the rain. But it didn't seem like enough to clog the drain and cause the lake.

So I dug a bigger better trench in the stream bed, to the actual stream, removing some rocks and a bunch of dirt. I thought that was enough but later the HOA got a small excavator, only 5' wide, to go down and dig an even better deeper trench, so I think we're good for another 33 years. I don't especially think the pipe will break in my lifetime, but I don't know what it's made of.

Reply to
micky

Yes. Free is always good. Well, if the rest is good.

I dl'd it and will try it today.

Reply to
micky