Undercounter frig

My 2' 2' 3' undercounter fridge want on the blink so I decided to replace it . Recently I saw some small fridges at HD at about $100+ . I equired about wlightly larger ones and the person said the specific undercounter units were in the $300 range. I asked why they were relatively much more expensive than the other small fridgerators, the answer, because they have to endure a hotter environment ,seemed logical to me .

Now the question, where can the best prices for such units be found .....mjh

Reply to
mike hide

On 12/19/2004 11:21 AM US(ET), mike hide took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I bought my Haier 2.7 cu. ft. compact refrigerator at WalMart. 19-7/10" W, 19-7/10" D, 26-3/10" H (they use the 10ths fractions) It cost me around $125 - $130, back in Feb 2003. It has a tiny ice tray compartment, shelves in the door, and can hold about 60 cans of beer (if there is ever that many in there).

Reply to
willshak

A refrig designed to be built in under a counter would probably be designed so there is airflow being controlled by a fan pulling air in from under the unit and exhausting it back out under the unit. You could install any of the small units on the market under your counter but you'll have to make sure there is space on the sides and top for convection currents to circulate air out from behind the unit. The price of these small units has gone down substantially in the last twenty years or so. Probably due to most parts coming from China or some such place.

Reply to
Tom