U.S. Home Values Up 2 Trillion Dollars This Year

Add Florida to that list and I bet there are more. The appraisals are capped at 3% a year here.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:49:24 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

+1 It's easier to control the local critters.

Don't forget the school board, that's the main expense around here.

Look at your tax bill and see who is reaching into your pocket.

Reply to
Tekkie©

In DE the schools must hold referendum to increase taxes in neighboring PA if the schools want more money they just take it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 16:00:01 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

PA passed a law that limits (supposedly)the increases. Their business managers seems to finagle around it and if they are desperate they can apply to the state for an exemption; which always seems to be granted. It's for the kids!

Reply to
Tekkie©

It's all part of Biden's Misery Index.

And with the democrats shutting down pipelines, gas prices will only get worse.

Reply to
Buck Fiden

I thought it was nearly comical when an economist said if you take away gas and food price increase that inflation was only about 3%. So all we need to do is stop eating and driving and heating our houses and our finances should be OK.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I had not kept up on this. I also know that PA schools are better and people here think about moving over the border where they might pay an extra $5,000 in property tax but save several thousand in not having to send their kids to private schools.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Not exactly, they also want to exclude home prices and rent from inflation numbers so heating your home is not an issue. You are living under a bridge.

Reply to
gfretwell

When it comes to calculating a social security raise the included and excluded items change every year to give the lowest raise.

If houses and rent are up, they leave it out, if they are down , they put it back in.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery