Two toilet replacement question

I am having tile installed in the two bathrooms in our house. One scheme for maintaining habitability in the house would be to remove one toilet, and let the installer finish that bath while the other bathroom remains in use. Unfortunately, both toilets appear to be installed on the same waste line, and I'm uncomfortable with the thought of flushing one toilet while the other flange is open to the air. Is this really a problem? Is there an easy solution, or should I just take them both out and make the necessary arrangements to stay elsewhere for a couple of days?

Reply to
jjrobinson2

Ball up an old rag, and stuff it in the hole. Or, if all else fails, a five gallon pail with a plywood lid, hidden in the laundry room 'till the tile job is done! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

If plumber is good dont worry

Reply to
m Ransley

A big rag in a small garbage bag.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

You can wad up a big ball of newspaper and it will plug up the hole. You can also buy a special lid but that's excessive, you won't use it enough to worry about. Plumbers usually carry rags and such around just for this purpose.

Reply to
mbrooks

Plug the open flange with one of these:

Available at any hardware store.