Turn thermostat down or leave steady?

Sorry, but no matter what you do, if you lower the AVERAGE temperature over a long period, you save energy. That's the beginning, middle, and end of the facts. Your average temp over the entire heating season is what counts. Lowering the temp for a period each day results in a lower average temp over the course of a heating season.

Reply to
salty

CO2 is NOT a pollutant any more then H2O is...

Oh Oh, the black helicopters are coming...

Mark

Reply to
Mark

All things in moderation, of course. The folks in New Orleans might consider water a pollutant.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Why thank you! Now where is my gold star?

Reply to
Tony

If left alone the boiler kicks on maybe once every 4-6 hours for only a short 5-10 minute period (maybe 4 or 5 recyclings of the entire water load).

If you let the house cool for 10 hours while at work, the boiler will have to run several hours to get all the floors (and house contents) heated again.

Reply to
DD_BobK

I've noticed with my computer that if the key doesn't work, I hit the key harder and then it does. :)

Reply to
mm

I walked half a block home, then drove to the hospital, through normal traffic for the time (about 6PM) and didn't do anything dangerous.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Oxygen is a dangerous explosive gas .... on Titan.

Reply to
Gary H