Trader4 was right?? gensets vs. car inverters.....

Yes, you undeniably are, and being moronic adds an even worse element.

As with paranoia, jealously obviously runs quite deep.

Reply to
Gene

Heh! I saw a TV anchor discuss "What makes you such an expert on economics? You'd think you had a degree in it or something!"

His response: "I do. Two degrees. With highest honors. You?"

"(silence)"

I recall a poster "What the f*ck does a TV commentator know about economics or the mental process to lead some, according to him, to a flawed reasoning?"

Of course I had to throw in: McGill University, BA Economics, Summa cum Laude Balliol College, Oxford, Commonwealth Scholar in Politics Harvard Medical School Residency in Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital Board Certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology

Reply to
HeyBub

No, I don't want to play the credentials game. What ever gave you that idea? My post was meant to illustrate that the snappy accusation can often backfire.

It's easy, in rhetoric, to pull out the chestnut of "Appeal to Authority." I wasn't doing that. My observation was the opposite, that the "Appeal to Non-Authority" often fails.

Reply to
HeyBub

Hey, remember where I spent my formative youth - in the Granada Hills C.O. generator room drooling at the Genset - Mitsubishi V-16 quad turbo Tugboat engine and a generator head 48" across and long - 750 KW continuous at 277/480V, 1 MW surge. Radiator up on the roof. Four 8D batteries in series/parallel.

GTE/Verizon knows how to build a Generator Room.

Well, except for Sunland where back in the Forties California Water & Telephone had put the fuel tank in the Uphill side of the parking lot way above the generator in the Basement, and in the 70's a fuel supply hose to the Day Tank broke and the resulting siphon action half flooded the basement with #2 Diesel...

They dug a huge crater in the parking lot to get the top of the tank below the floor of the basement - and Sunland is all built on alluvial free-running sand, and true to form it started free-running...

After the rapidly expanding crater chewed up all the asphalt for 60 feet and headed for the property lines, they filled the crater with

50+ truckloads of One-Sack Slurry and let it set, and tried again.

The second time the top layer of Slurry held, but when they got below the plug the sand tried running out from underneath again - Fill it up with slurry again...

The third time (or was it fourth?) the slurry held the last of the sand back long enough to pour a concrete bathtub with 25' walls, and strap down the new fiberglass tank. Topped off with ~16 - 18 feet of pea gravel.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human

No you didn't =

=93The James Carville "herd of cows" quote is a fabrication, posted on th= e website thinkexist.com by someone going by thisoneworks. It has no attribution. Just another conservative propagandistic fabrication as far as I can tell.=94

-- James Carville

Reply to
jim

Are you beginning to see why most people have killfiled him?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No you didn't ================================================

Heh, I was wondering about that myself..... I was thinking, Is Gummer confabulating (again), this time *to my very face*???? By golly, I think he WAS!!! Or was he just lying.... again.... LOL!!!

Still, ahm tryna get my room back.... even if it is in a CA hovel....

Reply to
Existential Angst

Heh, yeah, but I'll bet this Trader4 prick dudn't flap his dick about his bullshit economics degree, anymore.... Just like that loquacious pompous pretentious fagit Gene, and his bullshit Thevenin's theorem and first college course.... which turned out to be a fuknVIDEO course..... goodgawd.....

Ahm no 'spert, but I got a perty good bullshit meter. You, otoh, just seem to naturally gravitate toward bullshit. Esp. republican bullshit.....

I said from the gitgo Trader4 was right.... I thought that was actually perty funny, have no pro'leng fessing up to it. But that humorless prick just goes for the jugular, each and every time.

AND, he re-writes history. He WAS right, but not for any cogent or well-explained reasons. Yeah, I hadda find out for myself, and what I've found out is really perty inneresting, which I'll detail in another post. He's proly right-er than he even knows! But we'll see, I got more learning-the-hard-way to do.... LOL

Oh, I loved this one:

"Some have to learn the hard way. Keep in mind this is one of the big libs here. His approach to what he thought he knew about inverters, versus what I told him over a month ago, is instructive. This is the libs approach to the economy and ruining the country too. Take some kooky ideas that fly in the face of reality and refuse to listen to those that know better."

First, Trader seems to just object to people who don't take his effing edicts at face value. Second, he just described..... Alan Greenspan!!!!! "But.... but..... but...... but..... I thought the market would regulate ITSELF!!!!!! "

THOUGHT, eh?? Kooky ideas that fly in the face of reality, indeed. Refusing to listen, indeed.....

Another funny thing: You RePube closet cross-dressers seem to equate anti-corruption in gummint with liberalism.... WTF do you come up wit DAT???? Oh, Oh, I get it: RePube corruption is OK, it's the DemoCrap corruption that's reprehensible and the root of all our problems..... Oh, okay......

I think y'all spend much too much time reading the fuknBibble..... after a while, you just make just no sense at all (Gummer being an admittedly extreme example), but you repeat it over and over and over and over and over again.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Worst case of Kidney stones, EVER! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Cites?

Power to da Pipples! It its from the mouth of a Democrat, true or not..its Da Truth!!

Its the law!!

Gunner

-- ""The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That?s why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don?t have a clue as to political reality. What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn?t have a clue than there were Republicans." James Carvell, DNC operative

Reply to
Gunner

Only a retard would ask for citation for something that didn't happen.

Reply to
jim

+100!!!! There goes another keyboard..... LOL
Reply to
Existential Angst

Im a Registered Democrat and anything I say, true or false..is believable! Its part of being a Demonrat!!

If you dont believe me..Im calling the SJEU!!!

[...]

-snip-

SJEU ?

AMuzi

If they could think, there wwould be a lot less chance for them to be in that situation. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sorry..brain fart.

SEIU. THey have really good lawyers! And I get one free! Im a Democrat!!

[...]

That old friend..is most certainly true indeed! Well done!!

[...]

Almost certainly misdirection by the much reviled and well proven to be fraudulant Snopes

The Probably False is a dead giveaway. Along with the suddenly pulled rebuttles to the Obama birth cert scandal.