Too Many Ice Melt Products!

I never had problems with Calcium Chloride. When I lived in Vermont I'd go through around 500# a year. It certainly doesn't track like Sodium Chloride.

Flakes don't work nearly was well as granules and Magnesium doesn't work was well as Calcium. I tried 'em all.

Reply to
krw

DerbyDad03

Our dog certainly had problems with sodium but not calcium.

Certainly. Calcium because it works to a lower temperature, takes less, and doesn't track badly. Dogs aren't affected as much by it either. Granules over flakes because they give better traction and pit the ice so it continues to have better traction, even it it's not completely gone (it takes way too much to completely get rid of a good icing).

No, it's another reason to use Calcium. Calcium doesn't destroy the grass, either. It's a bit more expensive but well worth it.

Reply to
krw

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Lots of blood and ooze and howling from the dog, but very little additional ice-melting capacity. (-;

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Ever see a dog trying to pick up ALL FOUR paws?

Reply to
krw