Toilet Flushing Mystery

Had the same problem here. The Mrs kept using the blue tabs in the tank in the upstairs bath because she liked the color. I didn't use them in the basement bath. After trying pretty much everything else, I flushed out the tank with hot water to get rid of any blue gunk and kept flushing the hot water to clear out the passages. That did the trick.

Reply to
DFBonnett

I have a Mansfield toilet and besides the siphon jet there is another jet under the rim (front, right side only) that contributes nearly as much as the rim jets to the total volume delivered to the bowl. This jet also is likely to get clogged with sediment.

Reply to
Bob Villa

Roger that. Both squish the waste and water column in the siphon S together so there is no space between them making the siphon action as best it can be. Gee we all learnt how a toilet werks! A siphon-less toilet requires only the bowl fill aggressively to flush. This can get a little messy if you know what I mean. I had the chance while in Europe to use an old style Water Closet commode. The one with the tank high on the wall. Talk about needing to wipe your ass after you flushed it if you didn't flush standing up. I was warned forehand luckily.

Reply to
Hugh Jassolle

When I was very young I remember an apartment I visited had the tank high on the bathroom wall with a pull-chain. I don't recall it flushing any different though.

Reply to
Bob Villa

Add the addendum: If a septic system, neutralize the acid in the bowl and then flush.

OP went missing.

Reply to
Oren