timer for attic fan

I use an X10 system for this. You need an "appliance module" which you plug in where the fan plugs in, then you plug the fan into it. You plug an X10 controller or timer whereever you want in the house. The controller sends a signal through the powerline to the module, which turns the fan on or off. Google "X10" for lots of sources. Radioshack sells the same stuff with their own name on it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

I have had several attic fans and they've had timer switches on them. Now these are fans mounted in the ceilings to suck warm air out of the house (with the windows open) and blow it into attic. But an attic vent to blow air out of attic is controlled by thermostat s

Reply to
papi