thermocouple

I would like to chase the threads where the thermocouple screws in to my gas valve, dose anyone know what tap size? thank BIG D

Reply to
sleddog327

How about measuring the threads on the thermocouple? If you don't have the tool for that, just take it in to the shop and ask for a chase to fit it.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

If you have an old thermocouple that has an undamaged nut on it, you can cut the coaxial copper lead and slip the nut off. Take the nut and cut or file a few grooves across the threads which will produce some cutting edges. If you have ever looked at a self tapping machine screw, you will understand what I mean. The trick works on standard machine screws also to let them cut threads into thin material.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Agree w/ others on sizing; just be extremely careful to not fill the line w/ any cuttings etc., that will/could plug orifices and cause more trouble.

--

Reply to
dpb

He's not writing about a gas line, it's the electrical connection for the line from the thermocouple.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas