tankless water heater

And it ain't just household plumbing that will eventually fail...

Reply to
danny burstein

I hope to get my solar hot water up soon and have a tankless electric that I'll put in after the solar tank. That would seem to be the best use, to add a little extra heat when I've had some cloudy days. Otherwise it would seem like a waste of money, although mine was given to me. Heat losses from tanks can be minimized. No gas here or I'd go back to a gas tank as natural gas is cheap these days. They gouged me a few years back and I turned it off. Not an uncommon feeling!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Just replace the anode rod every few years.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

And the tankless can't leak???

Reply to
clare

must be nice to live where it ever freezes.....

you can get a water leak sensor that turns off all the water in a home, or calls the police or first responder.

my dad went on a cruise, my brother had the job of feeding dads dogs.

he stopped one day finding water running out the front door. had a heck of a time getting door open.

2 feet of water filled home from a osmosis water filter. dogs had to swim thru home

insurance fixed up home great, and new filter with drain pan was added:)

Reply to
hallerb

I'm with Ransley on this one. If you can cut your energy cost for heating water in a residence by $300 a month, by switching from electric at 8c kwh to gas, something is very wrong. You'd have to use an incredible amount of water to make that possible. Even if the gas were free, so you went to zero cost, it would have had to cost $300 a month to heat water by electric to begin with. That's more like a pool heater.

Reply to
trader4