Taking apart a Mini-Maglite

Metspitzer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

why should Maglite repair or replace a product of theirs damaged by a battery made by someone else? I'd refer the customer to the battery maker.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Because they are sold with Duracell batteries.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Factory removable only for the LED.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

What happened to 'there is no stupid question'. I guess yours is the stupid answer. I was asking what others experiences were. Where exactly in my post (moron) did I ask what the prices were in my area? If someone purchased it in their area then it should be a comparable differance here percentage wise. I think you're just pissed off about something in the real world and need to come on line and act like what you think a 'man' should act like.

Who knew google groups had such a stigma. I wonder what else I use could get me flammed or run off of the interstate for that matter. This guy must be one of those idiots that sees a decal for a sports team he doesn't like on a car and cuts them off in traffic for it. Get some help..?? nnnnK?

Reply to
in2dadark

What happened to 'there is no stupid question'. I guess yours is the stupid answer. I was asking what others experiences were. Where exactly in my post (moron) did I ask what the prices were in my area? If someone purchased it in their area then it should be a comparable differance here percentage wise. I think you're just pissed off about something in the real world and need to come on line and act like what you think a 'man' should act like.

Who knew google groups had such a stigma. I wonder what else I use could get me flammed or run off of the interstate for that matter. This guy must be one of those idiots that sees a decal for a sports team he doesn't like on a car and cuts them off in traffic for it. Get some help..?? nnnnK?

Nah , don't need help...I know how to kill file just fine....Bye , bye....

Reply to
benick

replying to hr(bob) hofmann, J wrote: I know this is an old post, but maybe it will help somebody. Energizer Max, if it is their batteries in the flashlight will replace the flashlight IF you send it to them with all the pertinent info for yourself & the light. You have to contact them first & tell them about it & they will want info on batteries & when bought to make sure they are not out of date.

replying to zxcvbob, J wrote: Use PB Blaster to soak it for a while & then try to work the battery a little at a time, after a few tries & letting it soak a couple of times it should come out. You may have to pop it down a couple of times like setting a handle on a pickaxe to loosen it. Then use some oil & a copper or brass barrel brush in a drill somewhat slowly to polish the inside & use white vinegar to clean it & put a little dielectric grease in the pitted area & reassemble to get it to work. Is what I've done numerous times. Sometimes though, if pitting is too bad, is just better to either replace tube or better yet - light. Have a good day.

Ditto, more or less, with Duracell [a].

I sent them a letter and they sent me back either a $10 or so dollar pre-paid Visa card or possibly a "Duracell bucks" credit slip, which I could use on any of their products at any store.

(Given the way Duracell licenses their name tolots and lots of products, some of which I actually use, either one of those - I forget which it was - worked ok).

[a] I've had Maglite brand flashlights in their official packages, some of which used Energizer, some Duracell.

Probably all manufactured, these days, in the same garage in Vietnam.

Reply to
danny burstein