Swimming Pool Pop-Ups Control

Hi, My swimming pool has the caretaker pop-ups at the bottom that force debris towards the center drain. For some reason, recently, only one bank of pop-ups pop up and never switches to the other banks of pop-ups. What controls the timing of the switching and where might the control be located - I can't find anything that seems to control that? Thank in advance for any help.

Reply to
Heywood Jablowme

I had 2 pools with these. Worked great when they worked. A couple of things to check. First near the pump there should be a dome with a SS band around it. Should have one more than the number of popups in the pool. Popups are usually in pairs. If there is take it apart and rebuild it. WARNING, lots of small pieces here. Put a clean cloth down the first time you do this. Take the stuff to your pool place and buy all new parts. Reassemble and then you can check your popups. The popups are a half twist to the left to remove. Best to remove when the pressure is on. ALWAYS put pool grease on them for reinstallation. If you donot you will be sorry. They make a tool that is supposed to remove the heads with out getting in the pool. I never had any luck with it. So I always rebuilt the pool X2 a year. Once before using and once just before shutting it down. Keeping pool grease on the popups will help a lot.

These plastic parts would wear out about every other year in my pool. One year complete rebuild kit next year just some parts.

Your mileage will vary.

Reply to
SQLit