Swimming Pool opening/closing question

I had my in-ground pool (20' x 40') closed last winter by a different company than the one I used before. They put a few gallons of anti-freeze into the return pipes after blew the water out (while the previous company didn't add the anti-freeze). When I open the pool this year, I added Algaecide, Total Alkaline, Shock, PH+, etc in the first week at different time. Whatever I put in the pool will cause large amount of foam (and it's gone after a few hours). Another thing different was that I didn't see hundreds of worms in my pool this year. Yes, I got them in previous openings.

My pool used to get clear in 3~4 days. Now, it's been a week, it merely turns light green. I put total of 3 gallons of algaecide, 25 lbs of shock in my pool already.

Can somebody explain the worms and foam thing? Could be there a crack in the return pipe that cause the foam and also allowed the forms to flee?

Thanks,

-H

Reply to
henrycue

All I can offer is this. Algecide comes in regular and a NON-Foaming liquid. I made the mistake of getting the kind that foams up and had to wait it out.

Reply to
greilly

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1149520570.926768.12220

If you had a crack in the pipe, you would notice the water level drop significantly.

How do you sanitize - Chlorine, Bromine, Iodine, Salt?

Any chance that your auotmatic sanitizer is blocked or shut off? A few years back when we went away for a few weeks, our brominator got blocked by the 'anti backflow ball stopper'. The ball had come out of its cage and blocked the flow of sanitizer to the pool. Needless to say, the pool became quite green. It took weeks to clear it up.

Reply to
GoHabsGo

By antifreeze, I assume you mean ethylene glycol. A few gallons of that could cause a little foaming. Call that pool company for advice on how to remediate. The worms may have been living in the pipes filled with water that was displaced by the antifreeze this year, thus no worms.

Try some flocculating stuff to clear the water the rest of the way.

Reply to
PipeDown

What're the pH and CA readings?

Reply to