Suspended Ceiling - Installing Lights & Vents

I'm planning on a drop/suspended ceiling in my basement rec room project. Can anyone recommend a book or online souce which has lotza photos (I'm a visual learner) showing installation of lights (flourscent, canister, etc) and heating vents in the suspended ceiling.

Thanks, YTK in WI

Reply to
YTK

Most basements I have been in were barely 8 feet tall. That does not include the duct work. Which is usually exposed or wrapped with drywall.

Recessed fluorescents in a home make me think of the office, yuk. You will need at least 8 inches of clearance to get "laying" fixtures installed. Recessed cans depends on what your using, 8 inches would be a fair guess maybe a tad less. Check out the ceiling tile manufactures they usually have a good lot of pictures.

Reply to
SQLit