Surplus Quartz Countertop - Is it marketable?

In another post, I described how I made a design error, and I may be stuck with a large piece of premium Cambria countertop material.

Should the stone shop accept it back for some sort of refund/ exchange? What's the industry standard?

Would a piece of stone countertop cut to my specific specifications be of interest to anyone to buy, say on Craigslist or eBay, or am I just stuck with an enormous high-end paperweight?

Reply to
gobofraggle

All depends on the particular shop--almost certainly they'll give you some credit if it's a retail place; how much would depend on the size as you surmise of either being usable as is or large enough to make usable pieces from. What sort of discount against the price you paid could range from 20% perhaps for a upper end to near nothing if it's a real oddball.

I'd not expect to get more than 50-75% tops on a craig's list or similar unless again, you just happened to find the exact match of individual looking for what you have, specifically.

--

Reply to
dpb

The material is quartz (engineered stone), so there's no variation in the grade/color. It's all "best quality". It can be matched with other pieces if someone down the road orders that same brand and color. So that's another reason why they should give some credit!

Reply to
gobofraggle

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ...

Engineered isn't "quartz", but that's a quibble...

As said, it's up to them--all you can do is ask and either accept/reject their offer....they've no obligation afaict.

Reply to
dpb

The material is quartz (engineered stone), so there's no variation in the grade/color. It's all "best quality". It can be matched with other pieces if someone down the road orders that same brand and color. So that's another reason why they should give some credit!

Reply to
EXT