Sugar Ant problems

Your source for this information?

The MSDS sez 100 percent borax:

Richard J Kinch

"Boraxo" is a trademark, not a specific product. It covers a variety of cleaning products, some containing powdered soap, others with added pumice, some with detergent, some with liquid soaps. All presumably containing borax.

Reply to
Martin

In article , snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.not says... :) "Boraxo" is a trademark, not a specific product. It covers a variety of :) cleaning products, some containing powdered soap, others with added pumice, :) some with detergent, some with liquid soaps. All presumably containing :) borax. :) :) The Boraxo hand soap LD50 is higher than that of borax meaning that it isn't

100% borax. The label of the specific Boraxo product will have the percentage of borax it contains.
Reply to
Lar

It was cinnamon, pepper, *OR* cayenne. We always use cinnamon. Makes the house smell nice, too.

Reply to
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH

Now that sounds like something brilliant. I wonder where you would find them?

Reply to
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH

Your local hardware store. :)

Check the ingredients, find the ant bait that is for sweet eating ants and has 98% or better boric acid.

FWIW, I've used a trick I learned years ago. Take a teaspoon of peanut butter and a teaspoon of grape jelly. Mix each individually with a teaspoon of boric acid (most grocery stores and any drug store). Cut soda straws into 1/2" lengths, and jab one end into the peanut butter, the other into the jelly. Presto, instant baits for both sweet and grease eating ants. Corner of a counter top, inside a wall outlet, etc. Replace them a they get eaten, toss after a week or so and ants are gone. Pop one in your mouth and you get a poor tasting peanut butter and jelly snadwich, no harm done. Five bucks will get you enough baits to fill a few dozen homes.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

The other issue is that Borax isn't Boric Acid. :)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran