Subfloor problem

I got such great help on my saw question a few weeks ago that I thought I'd come back to you with another one.

Before we put the wood floor in I'm raising the subfloor by 1/2" to match with the tile that the wood butts up to. Most of the room has gone fine, but now I'm down to the last part at the bottom of the stairs. The problem is that the old subfloor curves down toward the wall a bit. At the deepest part it's about half an inch.

I've posted a few pictures here

What should I do about this? Shims?

Also, the carpet guy left a little bit of overlap carpet where the wood will transition and will come back and finish it once the wood floor is in. He left about 3 inches without pad and stapled it down, should I pull the staples and run the wood right up to the pad?

That is the number 2 picture from the link.

THanks, Darren

Reply to
darren.grimsley

From the looks of those pictures you have some real problems. Why is the floor that far out? Whats your floor joists look like? I would be more worried whats going on underneath this mess. Shims yes but you need to figure what's causing all this.