Stupid Google

I typed into google search "stop kinking your hose"

There were no hits, but google said "Did you mean: "stop drinking your house" .

Have YOU ever drank your house?

Damn, Google seems to get more retarded every day.

What I was searching for is a special device that connects to the end of a garden hose for "us farmers" who have to kink the end of the hose as we fill the buckets for our animals. I have never found another way to do it. Nozzles spray too much and restrict the flow so it takes forever to fill a tank. Those little inline shutoff devices also cause the water to spray, and they too restrict the flow because they reduce a 1/2" 5/8" (or any other size) hose to 1/4" in that fitting.

It seems to me they do make some sort of special end that screws onto a hose, and is INTENDED to be kinked. I know that kinking a regular hose wrecks the hose in short order, but I do it daily because I dont know any other way.

I see google is of no help (as usual).

Alvin

Reply to
alvinamorey

I've known a couple of kinky ladies - and I'm grateful - but nothing for kinky hose; however, you could stick in a nipple and screw on a faucet.

Reply to
dadiOH

Alvin, by referring to Google as stupid and retarded, you are upgrading its actual social value.

I have a device similar to what you want, but on a much smaller scale for thin wall 3/8" tubing. You can see one at

Note: the first character is the number one and the third character is a lower case L.

The catalog to which I've referred is for homebrewers and they call it a "hose clamp". They may be able to refer you to the manufacturer.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Um there may be a small case of operator error. IF you would have typed your question without the quotes you would have gotten "about 154,000" hits. Google is a computer program not a person. For customized answers simply ask in this group.

Lou

Reply to
Lou

The word order and the word "your" you led google astray.

The search term "stop hose kinking" works perfectly.

Seems to me Google is displaying quite a bit of understanding of the search terms. The word "your" makes no sense in the query. Also the word order isn't good. "stop kinking hose" doesn't work well either.

Reply to
Dan Espen

That is a very simple fix for the problem. Female 3/4" hose to npt adapter, 1/4" turn ball valve. Takes nothing but a quick touch to turn it off/on. Total cost should be under $10

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

on 10/1/2007 5:17 AM snipped-for-privacy@notmail.com said the following:

Would this help using Google search on 'garden hose valve'.

willshak

Harry's suggestion is the most cost effective and the commercial offerings in the various links provided are very ergonomic but at twice the price. Decide what you can live with and you problem is solved. Enjoy. Chuck

Reply to
C & E

Or, one of those hose shutoff valves, and a 3 foot length of hose on the output of it to get rid of the spray problem.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Yeah, even cheaper (a buck or two) but he already rejected them due to the flow restriction.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K