strap antenna mast to chimney ??

1) Not sure what you mean by "the numbers are small". 2) Hadn't noticed that the ClearStream was UHF only But I am currently picking up all channels with the Clearstream, indoors at ground level., including the two stations broadcasting in VHF (according to TVFool.com). So it should work even better higher up with no walls
Reply to
Atila Iskander

It was the local PBS stations which got all ready to go UHF, and the FCC came back and said they had to use channel 13. I think the station had the same feelings. I was talking to them at the time because I was doing some interference testing on building near antenna.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Only one channel here on VHF that I know of.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

This was common on older homes, and worked well as long as the chinmey was solid. However, you may be in for a shock if you have a newer home, because most new homes no longer have a chimney. Modern furnaces only need a pvc pipe venting out the wall to get rid of exhaust.

Reply to
barker

Over time (years), the gases released by your chimney or flue pipe have a nasty effect on the antenna, pitting the aluminum quite badly, possibly having an impact on reception, or at least that is what I have seen at my location over a span of 5 years.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Solid brick chimney, going all the way down to the basement, built in 1953.

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Who know where I or technology will be in 5 years...

Reply to
Atila Iskander